Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ice Skating in August

Last week was Cousin S's 7th birthday...Happy Birthday S!! Today we all helped him celebrate the big 7 while trying not to break any limbs on the ice skating rink! It was a LOT of fun! Thanks so much for having us!

We all donned our skates. Yes, all 5 of us. Even I got on the ice and did quite a few laps. It's definitely not as easy as it looks. Nor is it the same thing as roller-skating (don't let anyone give you that line! : ) And I now have a huge appreciation and admiration for all those figure skaters. Wow. I have to say though, that I did not fall once. I think that's pretty impressive for someone who's been known to fall while standing in flip-flops on flat land, cutting open both her knee and foot. Yeah. It happened. So I did not fall today! Of course, I never went much faster than a brisk walk and if I wasn't moving my feet, then I pretty much came to a stop. Still. No falling. I just may try this again sometime!

Thing 1 was impressive today on her new feet. This was only her second time on skates and she did a great job! Here she's having fun with Daddy...

Yup, that's me on the ice! Told ya so!
Thing 2 having fun with his favorite cuz...you should have seen these two on the ice!


Watching from the good seats...

Thing 3, waiting for the rink to clear for our turn. He said numerous times that he was not going out there, but we put skates on him anyway. Yeah. Not sure why we bothered. He cried and cried til we brought him off the ice and gave him back his sandals. He said, and I quote, "I like the skates, I just don't like them on the ice..." Oh well. Maybe next time, Gretzky!


One of these days...maybe you'll skip walking and go straight from crawling to skating!
Look who popped in for a visit!


We had a blast! Thanks again Cousin S! Can't wait to do it again!

No comments: