Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Who Knew??

What have I been up to these days, you ask? Well, by all means, do let me share!

I discovered ebay (again!)...Now I've sold things on ebay before. I've bought things on there as well. (You know there are always some things that Santa & his elves just don't have time to make.) But only recently have I rediscovered the thrill of watching your items for sale go up, up, and up in price!! I'd like to say I only check once a day, but that would be a huge lie. I check constantly! It's such a rush...and it's legal! (Not that I've tried any illegal rushes. Please, ask my friends. I wouldn't even know what they were. Unless you count sneaking your best friend and someone's little sister into the Garden State Pub. But that's a story for another time....)

Anyway, my big discovery this time, thanks to my friends N and A, was that Disney princess DVDs that are currently "in the vault" go for BIG BUCK$! Who knew??? So I thought, Hmmm, do I have any of these movies that we don't watch any longer? And instead of offering them up to friend A, who was the one looking for them in the first place, I decide to cash in on a few! (Hello. "Beauty and the Beast" went for $75 last week. It was a no-brainer. Sorry, A! Love ya though!)

I found 6 movies and immediately listed them on ebay. Now, those of you familiar with this auction-world know that you don't bid until the last 10 minutes of a sale. Otherwise you're just driving the price up. And you want to pay as little as you can. Apparently those looking for Disney princess movies could care less about this and want the movies for their little ones no matter what it takes. That's fine by me!! I had bids within the first 10 minutes of posting. And you wouldn't even believe how many watchers I have. I can't wait to see what happens on the last day....Will keep you posted! I've gotta go check my ebay now...

1 comment:

Double Trouble said...

Ahh, the Garden State... good times! Don't blame you for selling - I'd sell Emma's if I could! Mean Mommy!