Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

This weekend was a busy one! And a fun one to boot! On Friday we went to friends in NJ, where the kids swam in the pool all day & night. I'm not even sure if I remembered to feed mine dinner! They had a blast, swimming in the rain even! The adults had fun too, doing what we do best: eating, drinking and laughing! What more did we need?

Then Saturday, the party was here! A Happy Fifth of July, if you will! Another reason to get together with family. Plus we celebrated Aunt Neen's birthday! (Thank goodness my cake didn't flop this time! : ) The food was delicious (thanks to everyone for bringing their goodies!) The kids played some on the Bonsai Falls before the rain settled in. Then when darkness fell, it was time for the fireworks show! Thanks to G and Uncle Do for running tandem, it made the show that much more exciting! Can't wait til next year!


Ooo, pretty lights...



Oooo, look at all the explosives...Rest assured, they're all legal. Thus, nothing in the lot leaves the ground. (Meaning: you won't see big beautiful shining lights in the sky with this show...but we did see a lot of action on the ground!)
Hanging out during the show...




Cousin N did great throughout the whole show...not one peep, not one cry! Though I think he may have jumped a few times, but then so did I! Way to go, N! You did way better than your Mommy ever did! : )
Just title this one, "Unsure"...The kids couldn't wait to try out their sparklers. Thanks to Aunt Neen and Uncle Do for getting them each their own box! They were thrilled!

This was Thing 3's first ever experience with a Sparkler. It took him a minute or two to get used to the whole thing (see above picture), but once his first sparkler died out, he was then begging for more! (While I sat on the sidelines, a nervous nilly...I really don't like the things. They make me so nervous...)

All done! One last group shot before putting on the PJ's and hopping into bed...it's been a long FUN weekend!

No comments: