OK, so school's been out for some time now. One would say I'm a little behind on my blogging. Actually, MANY have said I'm a little behind. So here's my attempt at catching up....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These pics were taken on the kids' last day of school, back on June 18th. Both had a wonderful year and absolutely adored their teachers! It was tough for them to say good-bye. I have to agree, they had terrific teachers. I wish their teachers would "move up" with them to the next grade. Ah, but that's not real life, is it? I'm not one to "request" a particular "type" teacher for them. I figure, they have to deal with what's handed to them. So far, we've all been real lucky. I have faith that things will turn out just fine come fall...For now, it's time to enjoy the summer and forget about all things school-related.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Camp started the week after school let out. They participated in two consecutive weeks. The first week was Jungle-themed. Thing 2 was extremely hesitant to go. He's not a big fan of trying anything new. But I must say, when I picked him up that afternoon, he couldn't stop gabbing about it! He LOVED it! I was thrilled for him. Thing 1 also really enjoyed herself, making new friends and running into old ones. The counselors are all so nice too! Their field trip that first week was to the zoo...fun! The following week of camp was Mad-Science week. This week was extra-fun for the kids, especially Thing 2, because Cousin S was joining them for the week! He was awfully proud to introduce his cousin and "partner in crime" to the camp counselors and his new friends. This week also turned out to be a blast, complete with a trip to the museum, where the kids had a wicked good time! They'll be taking a week off, then return to camp for one more week of fun. That'll be the big "Talent Show" week....can't wait to see what that's like! With my drama queens, I'm sure it'll prove to be very interesting....
No comments:
Post a Comment