Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas Morning

Merry Christmas to all! We told the kids that there was no getting up til 7:30am. We told them that over & over. Think it stuck? No. At least not for Thing 1. She came in to get us at 5:55am! Are you kidding me??? I don't even think the sun was up yet. I'm not even sure Santa was done yet! I'm sure he was still flying over the West Coast somewhere at that hour. So it seemed wrong to get up before he was completely finished....Back to bed, Thing 1.

7:00am came and back into our room came Thing 1. I was still trying to stick to the 7:30 rule. Though my husband told me I was being a stick-in-the-mud. Oh alright. I finally got up. He went downstairs to "make sure that Santa was finished" (and to set up the camera). Imagine that, he was done! We could finally go down to see what he had brought us! The kids were very excited...I didn't get a ton of pics but here are some...
The kids were very composed this year, opening their gifts up one by one, appreciating and really looking at what they got. It's so nice to see them enjoy Christmas!



I'm not sure WHAT Santa was thinking when he brought Thing 3 his own personal indoor sandbox...but he must've known that Thing 3 would LOVE it! And in all fairness, he does play very nicely with it. (I have to remember, he IS 3 and sand WILL end up outside the box on occassion. : ) This sandbox is pirate-themed. Very cute! Maybe a good thing to keep at Nana's!

One of the big "hits" for Thing 1 & Thing 2 could be found Christmas morning, hanging on the tree. They didn't notice the iPods til all their other gifts were open. It's a good thing too, because once they put them on, they didn't want to do anything else! Daddy was great and uploaded all their music on ahead of time. Thing 1's is pink camo...
...Thing 2's is covered with Scooby Doo. How cool!
This was the big hit of the morning, for Daddy and Thing 3...I don't see the draw to these toys, I'm sorry, collectibles. But this is the Transformer of ALL Transformers, I think. Motion-sensitive, sound-sensitive, it talks, it shoots. It definitely scored with my husband! Now if we could get it to actually clean the house, I'd be thrilled...and quite possibly interested in getting the whole collection.
Playing with Bumblebee...while Thing 3 listens to his new Diego CD player...

No comments: