Saturday, September 8, 2007

Busch Gardens Europe

I know, I've lagged behind a bit in the blogging. And I was doing so well, keeping everything fairly current while we were on vacation! Oh well, what can I say? Things got crazy and I just wanted to relax and enjoy the rest of our time there. We had a great visit! Here, the pictures from our day at Busch Gardens.

A picture says a thousand words....

Of course, you can't go to Busch Gardens and not visit the Clydesdales. Beautiful animals! I wish I had taken more pictures of the others inside but we were too busy petting them and taking it all in. They really are quite large! Also inside was the adopted Anheuser-Busch donkey from those great Super Bowl commercials...cute! Notice Thing 3, checking out the horse. Wow, he's a lot bigger than me!
G, in his "homeland"....






This was what the whole trip was about: the Griffon, the tallest dive coaster in the world. Up 205 feet into the sky, then dropped 90 degrees straight back down to the earth. Not my idea of fun, but certainly on G's list. The kids and I watched and, personally, it looked horrific. Of course, once he'd completed his first run, G said "it's really not as bad as it looks!" Of course not...but I'm still not going to try it.

The best part about this picture is that I had NO IDEA G was actually in this set of people riding it at the time I took the picture! But he's there...if I were to zoom in, you'd see he's in the last row, far left seat. Pretty cool!
Having fun on the rides...way more my speed...




Thing 1, hot and bored...

The kids in Italy...closest they'll get for a long time, I'm sure...

Learning to make wine...


This was Thing 2 only seconds before he rode the pirate ship (or whatever it's called in Italy there). I felt so bad for him. He asked to go on this ride, probably confusing it with a ride he was on once before elsewhere. My heart broke as I watched his face as he came to the same realization: this was a bigger and "more daring" ride than he was used to. Needless to say, he did NOT like it. Oh well! At least I got this shot...

Taking a ride on the train was a highlight for everyone. Thing 1 & Thing 2 got to rest their feet (it's amazing how quickly little kids can tire out!); G and I got to enjoy the breeze (did I mention how HOT Virginia was the week we were there??); and Thing 3 got to ride on a "choo-choo"! Very exciting!





It was the end of the night and we were all so tired. Then we had to wait about 30 minutes for G while he ran back across all of Europe (or so it felt like!) to get portraits we had done of the kids (and forgotten to pick up!) So the kids played with the hats while we waited...I know, Mom. I know exactly what you're thinking. Do you know how many other people had those hats on?






No comments: