Thursday, February 28, 2008

100 Things About Me

Not that you asked, but...

1. I went to three different elementary schools, 3 different middle schools, 1 high school and three colleges. We moved a lot.
2. I loved being the “New Girl.”
3. I have a love / hate relationship with my hair. And hair products.
4. I once modeled for my eye doctor. In my wedding gown. A promotion for contact lenses. Not sure how long those posters stayed up.
5. My dream in 8th grade came true when I got to be on two episodes of Dancin’ On Air. With my friend Steph. And the shoelace guy. (Anyone who knows the original series DOA will be able to figure out my locale!)
6. I punched holes with a hole puncher through many many pages of the dictionary on a dare. I was in 1st grade? It was on a dare. My mom was actually IN the classroom, volunteering at the time. I never felt so bad as I did then.
7. I am incredibly pale three seasons of the year, but I can get a kick a$$ tan in the summer!
8. I spent weeks at Ursinus College for Spanish Camp, the summer after Junior year in high school. It was awesome! Not necessarily the Spanish part…
9. I still love Air Supply.
10. I can’t sing. My mother will attest to that. : )
11. My parents chaperoned the After Prom party. I asked them to. It was great having them there.
12. I come from a very close family. They mean the world to me.
13. I hate coffee. Even the kind that people tell you “doesn’t really taste like coffee.” Cause it does.
14. I started out as a Journalism major in college. If you know me, you know what I got my degree in. It wasn’t Journalism.
15. My favorite number is 15. I only like odd numbers. I won’t let my gas total on the pump read an even number, if I’m pumping it myself.
16. Clearly, I have issues.
17. I love rainy days. Rainy cloudy days. Would love to visit Seattle sometime.
18. I can cry at the drop of a hat. Not that I’m proud of this, mind you.
19. I played the cymbals and the bass drum (for a week) in my high school marching band. I’m not incredibly proud of this either.
20. I like my handwriting.
21. Rob Lowe is still dreamy.
22. Maxwell Caulfield is not.
23. I could eat an entire carton of strawberries by myself. Until my youngest came along. Now I must share. So now the two of us go through more strawberries than should be normal.
24. I can say the alphabet backwards.
25. I have never seen any of the Star Wars movies, much to my husband’s chagrin. I have no desire to see any of the Star Wars movies either. This also puzzles him.
26. I have sold and purchased many items on ebay. I check ebay nearly daily, just to see if I’m “missing anything.”
27. I know who my real friends are.
28. At one time, I would have pushed for Diet Coke to be considered it’s own food group. Now I’m trying to cut back on the 12 pack a day “problem” I had for years. I think I’m doing very well actually.
29. I once tried to stop my 3-speed bike by inserting my right foot into the front wheel. Did I mention I was riding the bike at the time? Needless to say, I flew off my bike and landed in freshly-laid tar. That was fun. You don’t make that mistake twice.
30. I am an excellent speller.
31. It bothers me to no end when I come across a typo in a magazine.
32. I cannot go to the movies without buying popcorn. There’s something about that smell.
33. I love “Dirty Dancing”…and “Footloose”…and “Grease”….yes, even “Grease 2”.
34. Has anyone seen “The Pirate Movie” with Christopher Atkins and Kristy McNichol? Yes, I loved that movie once too…
35. I could live without my cell phone.
36. I could not, however, live without my pillow.
37. I used to wear a lot of spandex. And leather knee-high boots. My friends in their wide-whale corduroy shorts and penny loafers can confirm this.
38. I have great friends from high school, with whom we could probably make another list of 100 Memorable Quotes. Nobody but the four of us would get them, but it would make for a fun list!
39. I love to shop on QVC. My dream job once was to be one of their Show Hosts. I almost tried out when they had open auditions a few years back. I chickened out. I was going to “sell” my daughter’s porcelain tea set.
40. I hate bugs. Especially gnats. And stink bugs. And Japanese beetles.
41. I love Japanese food.
42. I am secretly thrilled that Billy Ray Cyrus is “back on the scene” via his daughter’s success now.
43. Billy Ray reminds me of my dad. Yes, he too was a fan of the “Achy Breaky Heart”…
44. I miss my dad. But I know he’s looking down on me every day.
45. I love the Crayola Factory in Easton, PA. We have taken the kids there numerous times. And it’s not that big. There’s just something about buying new crayons there. They have ALL KINDS of colors!
46. I do NOT have green thumb.
47. My favorite color is red.
48. I have brown eyes.
49. Each of my kids has different color eyes. No, they don’t each have two different colored eyes. None of them have the same color eyes. (Is this making any sense?) One has brown eyes, one has hazel eyes, and one has blue eyes. (Did that clear things up?)
50. I never had braces. I always wanted braces. My sister and I used cucumber rinds to pretend we had braces. (Again, clearly we had issues.)
51. I’ve been on two cruises. I’d like to go on another. Though my husband won’t go with me. He hated the cruising “thing.”
52. I’d like to go to Italy some day and visit with my people.
53. I’ll admit it: I love Vera Bradley purses! And wallets. And sunglass cases.
54. My daughter loves them too.
55. My mom, however, does not. (But she’ll still buy them for me if I ask nicely!)
56. I am hooked on Sudoku. Every time I finish a puzzle, I have to initial and date it. A little OCD?
57. You will never catch me bungee-jumping.
58. Hopefully, I’d spring back up. Isn’t that how it’s supposed to work?
59. I don’t have any tattoos. Though, if I had the guts, I’d love one of three hearts (two blue, one pink) on my instep. Like I said, I don’t have enough guts.
60. I do have three holes in each ear. And yet, I still only wear one pair of earrings.
61. I don’t understand tongue piercings.
62. I hate video games.
63. I love a good book.
64. Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday. I am very tradition-oriented.
65. I can’t get myself to switch to keeping my schedule on my phone. I mainly used my Palm for solitaire and bubbles (very easy video games). I still live by my paper-filled calendar book.
66. I also can’t switch to online banking yet.
67. I prefer salty snacks to sweet ones.
68. In college, I learned that Jagermeister is not your friend.
69. Apparently, I had forgotten that valuable lesson and re-learned it this summer.
70. I love throwing a party! For any reason!
71. I love to scrapbook though am guilty of buying more than I’m using right now.
72. I pray that I am strict enough with my kids that they will learn what is right and wrong, yet hope I’m fun enough that they will remember the good times from their childhood too.
73. I get Road Rage. I don’t mean I understand it. I mean I experience it when people drive like idiots.
74. Freshman year in college, my nickname was Pepsi. Go figure!
75. I used to sell Longaberger baskets. I now own many.
76. I now sell beautiful Silpada jewelry. Want some?
77. Is he short? No, he drives a Saab. (see #38)
78. I am a very picky eater. Always have been. Probably always will be.
79. I find it sexy when a guy wears 2 small silver hoops, one in each ear. Unfortunately, my husband does not.
80. I took a year of ASL and, at one point, could lip read fairly well. My plan is to continue taking some classes one day and earn my Signing Certification.
81. I love seat warmers in the car. I miss the steering wheel warmer in our old car.
82. I’ve worn eyeglasses since the third grade. I got my first pair of contacts in 9th grade. Most exciting thing about that? I could see in the rain!!
83. I don’t know if I’ll ever get Lasik.
84. My dream car in high school was a cherry red Honda Prelude. I never got one. Now that I can afford one, I don’t want one anymore. I think I’d rather have a cherry red Lamborghini now. My bet is that doesn’t happen either.
85. I taught myself to drive a 5 speed.
86. You can’t call dibs on a boy. (Again, see #38.)
87. I’m an Aries. I was born on April 15th, Tax Day. I used to tell my (younger, more naïve) sister I got extra presents because I was born on a “holiday.”
88. My favorite city is Baltimore….love the Inner Harbor.
89. I miss 415 East Monterey.
90. I love to vacuum.
91. I used to match my underwear to my outfit. Now I’m just happy that it’s clean.
92. I’m a very social person. I could talk to anyone about anything. I once invited a strange woman I’d met in Target to my house for a party I was having. She never came.
93. I don’t like scary movies.
94. Today is my anniversary. Well, the legal one.
95. I’m very loud when yelling at talking to my kids. I probably shouldn’t live in a townhouse.
96. I love to go in new model homes and check things out.
97. I couldn’t live without my email. Well, I could live. I just wouldn’t like it.
98. McDonald’s French Fries are the best!
99. I’ve been trying to think of something awesome for the last point in this list. I think about it in the shower, in the car, making dinner…I haven’t come up with anything great so…
100. Thanks for reading! Hope you learned a little something!

2 comments:

Double Trouble said...

I can confirm #37! And your #77 was my reply comment for #38. So I leave you with this... "are you Married? Rich? Need a Nanny?" Those were some fun summer roadtrips. "You can go straight." I sure miss TJ Stroker. "We heard a hairdryer."

M5 said...

I wish we could all get our act together and do it again sometime...