It's amazing, the things you learn from your children...
This morning I woke the kids up, told them to get dressed & set for school, and I'd meet them downstairs for breakfast. They come bouncing into the kitchen, with big smiles on their faces...
Thing 2: Morning, Mom! Happy Fat Tuesday!
Oh right. I'd forgotten. But since when do we celebrate Fat Tuesday?
Me: What do you guys want for breakfast this morning?
Thing 2: Well, donuts, of course! It's Fat Tuesday!
Me: First of all, you are not getting donuts for breakfast. Second, I don't even have donuts in case I was so inclined to allow it.
Thing 1, being the ever so smart, older sister: That's OK. We can just have ice cream instead!
No, I did not let them have ice cream. Though it might have been worth seeing their shocked (and oh-so-happy!) faces! One of these days I'll be that cool mom....
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Happy Fat Tuesday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Doughnuts, yup! That's what we had for breakfast this morning! Don't you know about doughnut day? Gotta eat them so you have good luck. As a matter of fact Michael bought them for the people in MY office (I think he feels that we need as much good luck as possible!! He's right, we do!!!)
How awesome is that?! Now I know for next year!!! : )
Post a Comment