Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mommy, Help!

Well, I don't have a picture of it...though it's not for lack of trying. My husband thought we should "deal with the situation at hand" rather than run downstairs for the camera and get some good shots for my blog. His sense of parenting is so warped.... : )

Anyway, tonight G decided it's time to put the boys bunk beds back together. While I'm thrilled to now have that much more floor space in their room, I have been a little hesitant because I was afraid of Thing 3 hurting himself, trying to climb up to the top. Or rather, falling down from the top.

The boys were so excited so I just kept my mouth shut. I figured we gotta do it at some point. Now's as good a time as any. So Thing 2's up top, thrilled to pieces. And Thing 3's in his bottom bunk, which we touted as a "cool fort." I think he bought into it. We purposely left the ladder in the storage room so Thing 3 couldn't get up there in the middle of the night. (Thing 2 just climbs up the back with ease. His dismount's a little rusty but he'll get it in time.)

So we say Good Night and shut the door...Not 5 minutes later, Thing 2 is trying to control his laughter while he shouts, "Uh, Mom!" I go in to find.....you guessed it...Thing 3 hanging tightly onto the end of the bed, where he'd seen his big brother climb up. Only Thing 3 is now stuck because he can't get back down and he's too short to keep climbing up!

The tears (him), the hidden laughter (me)....I was going to get him down, when the husband told me to "Wait! This is a perfect time to talk to him and teach him a lesson!"

And so we did. Will it work? Who knows? But I think it might be a while before he tries that again....

No comments: