UPDATE: Thanks go out to A who, in record time, forwarded me a link for the proper instructions (check out http://www.wrights.com/wrights/class/kidscrafts/braidbarrett/braidbarrett.htm). Looking forward to getting started on them! And if all goes well, there will be a pair in the mail for Emma Grace (Burberry colors, of course!)
OK, first let me start by saying that I've got 2 kids born in the month of January. You know, the month immediately following Christmas...between buying Christmas presents, wrapping, decorating, putting up the tree, taking down the tree, putting away all the decorations, finding room for all the new "stuff" then switching to BIRTHDAY mode...whew! Now it's what type of party to plan (times 2!), who to invite (times 2!), when to have it, where to have it, what to do (again, times 2!!)
So I've narrowed down the when and where. And the what to do is fairly easy for Thing 2's party, as we're doing the all-inclusive at Color Me Mine pottery studio. All I have to bring is the cake... actually, my son has informed me that he doesn't like cake anymore and would rather have ice cream sundaes. OK. I can do that. A little more thinking involved but I can handle it.
Thing 3, on the other hand, is having a Baking Party here at home. I couldn't see spending all that money to have it at a "place" when we could do the same thing here for much less and more time. While the food bakes, I wanted to have something for the girls to do in the meantime. I was trying to think of something a little different. Something maybe they hadn't seen or done yet. And that's when it hit me. Remember those ribbon braided barrettes from the 80's (see pic below)?? How cool would that be? Maybe I could even bring that "trend" back to life?? (Hey, my daughter wore leg warmers to school today. Maybe I AM trying to relive the 80's. It won't be long before I'm rooting through the attic looking for my Frankie Goes to Hollywood T-shirt and Duran Duran records!)
Anyway, in my spare time, I'm frantically searching for instructions to make these barrettes. If anyone knows how or knows a link, please forward. Thanks! Just think, they could soon be coming to a school near you!! : )
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Bringing Back the Barrettes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout out! Emmy will be so excited!
Post a Comment