Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year's!

Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Year's Eve! Happy 2008! Cheers!
Anxiously awaiting The Ball Drop...

10 seconds to go...
Get ready for a whole lotta noise!
Thing 3, new to the whole staying-up-til-midnight, banging-on-pots-and-pans, making-a-lotta-racket thing, loved his new role as Lid Slammer Jammer...problem is, he got up this morning and went for the lids first thing. Apparently, he doesn't get that this is a once a year exclusive. Go figure.
Did I mention that it was 27 degrees out?
This looks like it belongs on a poster somewhere. I swear the bottle is empty. And no, he didn't finish it. At least not all by himself...
Wearing the obligatory Happy New Year hat...


Thing 3 had actually made it to midnight, but then for whatever reason, decided he had had enough. Who can blame him? It was a lot for a three year old. Plus I think the sugar rush he had had finally worn off...
Our New Year's Eve is also always special because our "little" girl anxiously awaits midnite so she can announce, "It's my birthday!!" Last night, as the ball dropped and the clock struck 12, Thing 1 turned 9 years old! Wow...where has the time gone?! Soon, she tells us, she'll be in double digits! Remember when that was a big deal? : )



And did I mention that a major portion of the night was spent either jamming out to Cherry Pie via Guitar Hero (thanks to self-purchased Christmas presents!) or building a garden in Viva Pinata? Have I mentioned how much fun it is (note: sarcasm) to watch someone else play video games??? Yes, it's true, I could have had my turn, but I must be the only one who is just not that into them...

No comments: