Thursday, January 17, 2008

YUM!

It's been around for years & years & years...for all this generation knows, it's strictly a "family recipe"...But I doubt that. I'm sure it's been made by others, long & far away. Maybe it goes by a different name. We call it Wacky Cake.

And it is YUMMY! I'm 36 and I STILL ask for it for my birthday every year. In fact, I don't remember a time where I've asked for anything else.

It's a great recipe for kids with allergies, as we've found out. It also makes a HUGE cake so it'll serve plenty. Also good for cupcakes. This recipe will make 36.

There's only ever been one rule though: you can't use canned frosting on it. It MUST be homemade. And for that recipe, you're going to need to talk to Aunt Carol! : )

WACKY CAKE

Sift together:
4 1/2 cups flour
3 cups sugar (I never said it was healthy!)
3/4 cups cocoa
3 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt

Then add to mixture:
3 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp white distilled vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 cups cold water

Mix together well. Bake at 350 degrees in large ungreased pan for 30-35 minutes.

Makes either 1) 1 LARGE pan cake; 2) a 13 x 9" pan & 12 cupcakes; or 3) 36 cupcakes.

Let cool. Then frost. ENJOY!

P.S. It's great for breakfast! : )

No comments: